Friday, August 10, 2012

BOCA Savory Mushroom Mozzarella Veggie Patties


     I am NOT a Vegetarian, My son has been a vegetarian by choice for 6 years  now until he decided to go vegan.  I had this box of BOCA Burgers in the freezer which he can't eat anymore since there is cheese in it, so I decided to try it.
     It couldn't hurt to try something healthier for me since I am always looking for healthier alternatives to what is already in my diet. I cooked it up like I always did in a non stick skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil until it is crisp on both sides (about 15 minutes total) Put it on some toast , hit it with a dab of ketchup and took my first bite.....WOW not bad! The taste is very flavorful, lots of spices with the cheesey goodness that is mozzarella. My only dislike was the texture, not the thick meaty texture I am used to but not a bad texture either.  My son assured me that after you eat two or three veggie burgers or soy burgers you don't miss the meat feeling.
     So I would recommend BOCA Savory Mushroom Mozzarella veggie patties to anyone who would like to try a healthier alternative to a meat patty. One patty is only 110 calories with 25 fat calories. Pretty good considering a regular beef patty is 4 oz. 240 calories 17 grams of fat (chuck patty 85% lean)
It is a great way of cutting calories with out compromising taste and satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment