Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hendick's Gin Campaign for BzzAgent


     I was so lucky to be able to try Hendrick's Gin through Bzz Agent my favorite WOM Company!
Let me start by saying I have tasted my fair share of gin before, I was a bartender in my 20's and tasted quite a few brands of gin in my time. It was my drink of choice for a long time.  Through out the years I have switched spirits often from Vodka (not a fan) to Tequila to Whiskey to now Bourbon, BUT entering into this campaign I was pleasantly surprised to find myself falling back in love with the distinct and odd taste of Gin and Hendrick's Gin is the King of them all!
      Hendrick's Gin is made in Scotland in small batches
  and is infused with rose petal and cucumber, one would think those two flavors are weird enough  let alone belong in a liquor together. Gin has a strange taste that is why I feel not too many people enjoy it. It is how my Dad used to say "An acquired taste" but I always seemed to like things nobody else did. So you can imagine my excitement upon exiting the liquor store with my newest libation! My husband (not a gin enthusiast) was not as excited as I was but when we got home and I started mixing up some tasty Tipples as they call them he was a little intrigued I do have to say. I broke out some vintage bar ware and poured some concoctions: Gin & Tonic, muddled clementine in Gin, my take on a blue whale called the Blue Gin, Gin & Coke (not tasty) and a punch (shots) called Green Dragon.
Well I really enjoyed the Gin & Tonic it was fresh tasting and had a nice finish. I went on to have about 5 more through out the night!

My husbands favorite as were our friends (who chose not to be photographed) was the Green Dragon shots Hendrick's Gin and Green Hawaiian Punch

But I do have to say the Blue Gin was quite tasty! My husband had two of them which was rare!
I Liked Hendrick's Gin even though I got it at a discount through BzzAgent I would buy it again. It had a great taste and nice strong flavor like I like! My friends thought it was tasty even though they were not fans of Gin in the least. Hey Hendrick's Gin is not for everyone but everyone should try it at least once because you just might like it! I know I will try to turn people to the Odd side from now on!





No comments:

Post a Comment